Are you anywhere between curious to passionate about the idea of writing for performance?
If so – this could be for you.
This is a networking and skills development opportunity for six young writers 16 -18 years of age.
Across the second half of 2015 you will get to spend face to face and online time with lead artist; dramaturge and performance maker Nina Barry Macaulay who will work with you as a young playwright.
Nina began her connection with Platform while studying Dramaturgy at Melbourne University in 2013. She has since worked with Platform during the past two years and has extensive experience in playwriting, direction, performance, immersive theatre practice and dramaturgy. She is strongly committed to supporting the development of younger theatre creators. See http://ninabm.com.au/about/ to find out more about Nina.
- In person Saturday 4th July 1pm to 5pm
- Skype meeting Tuesday 21st July 7pm to 8:30pm
- In person Saturday 1st August 11am to 2.30pm
- Skype meeting Tuesday 25th August 7pm-8:30pm
- In person Saturday 12th September 10am – 4pm
- Skype meeting Tuesday 6th October 7pm-8:30pm
- In person Friday night 16th October Presentations 7 pm – 9.30pm
EOI platFORMING young playwrights
How do I get involved?
Please complete the below four questions and return a short EOI (expression of interest) statement by email to email@example.com with the subject line subject line “platFORMING young playwrights EOI”.
These questions will help us get to know a little more about you.
- Please give us a 20 – 200 word example extracted from one of your favourite pieces of writing (yours or someone else’s) and answer the following questions in 300 words:
- What do you like about it?
- Why is it your favourite?
- Why do you write? Or what makes you curious about writing? 300 words max
- If you could write a speech for anyone in the world (past or present, real or fiction) who would it be and what would they say? 300 words max.
- Is there any other information you would like add?
Deadline is Sunday 28th June, 2015 and all applicants will be contacted on Tuesday 30th June to discuss the outcome. If you have any questions, feel free to contact Platform’s Executive Producer Rose Godde by email (firstname.lastname@example.org} with “platFORMING young playwrights” in the subject line.